Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 4: Darling Harbour and Sydney's City Life

My gf and I reached the Town Hall station at 1.30pm. Another half day gone... Anyhow, walking half a day is more than enough. Can you imagine walking none stop for 5-6 hours? That's what I've been doing for the past few days. Imagine how many hours did I have to walk if we depart to the town in the morning?

The first thing that I saw when I came out of the station is a row of toilets. Yeah.. a row of temporary toilets. I think the toilets are there just for the World Youth Day 2008.

Then, we move on and pass buy Queen Victoria Building. It's a shopping centre. Premiere shopping centre. Not that tall right? Well, in actual fact, there's 4 floors of shops below the ground level.

Aren't the police here cute? Short pants with pistols and riding a bicycle. I guess the thief here are not rich enough to buy a car. Hahaha... I did saw a police patrol car using Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. 10. How about our country's police car? Waja only? No wonder jewellery shops keep getting robbed.
At the Darling Harbour, there's nothing to see unless you are interested to go to the Museum, Aquarius and Wildlife Park.

The Maritime Museum. You can visit the submarine, naval ship, and the Captain's Cook ship.
The bridge to the Darling Harbour.

The view of Sydney from Darling Harbour.

All the walking is maing us tired and we need meat to keep our body warm. Look at how big our Subway sandwich is. I ate a regular size burger for dinner and it took me half an hour to finish the burger. Imagine how big their burger is..
Then, we went to the Hyde Park to see the cathedral and found something pretty interesting there. Lol...



WHat can you see from this picture? ;P


Next up, the war memorial and museum. Unfortunately, it's closed. Hopefully, I can come back again on Saturday to visit the Museum.

The Sydney's Museum

Last but not least, I managed to buy a souvenir for Mr. Gan (my roommate). Hahaha.. Hope he loves it..


No comments:

Post a Comment